March 17, 2014

A Conversation With Ruby About Appropriate Places to Pee

About three-quarters of all the showers Ruby has ever taken have been with me. We were all set to get into the shower this afternoon:

Ruby: I have to pee.

Me: Okay, go ahead.

Ruby: I'll wait.

Me: No, go now.

Ruby: I'll just pee in the shower.

Me: Uh, no, you won't just pee in the shower. That's disgusting!

Ruby: It's not disgusting! It goes right down the drain!

Me: Do not pee in the shower. Oh, my God. Do you pee in the shower?

Ruby: I always pee in the shower.

Me: I don't want you to pee in the shower ever again. Never, ever again.

Ruby: But it's fun! 

Me: Well, from now on, you can take your showers with Daddy.

Unbelievable! By my calculations, I've been peed on in the shower approximately 312 times.




Previous post: A Telephone Conversation with a Technophobe




2 comments:

  1. Well, by conservative estimate I have suffered some type of excrement event more than a thousand times growing up on the farm. None of them were fatal, although all of them were pretty damn disgusting by city folk standards. If you don't have a pretty strong stomach, don't ever get me started on cleaning out barns and fertilizing fields with that wonderful invention the manure spreader!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd rather have my four-year-old pee on me in the shower. At least I'm getting clean while it's happening!

      Delete